We’ve prepared a selection of commonly asked questions and answers regarding Collectica and making debt payments. If you have a question that is not answered within the questions below then please contact us.

Marston to resume enforcement on 24th August, details can be found here

I have received a notice and am not sure what to do

You have received a notice because one of our clients believes you to be in arrears in monies due to them. This arrears has been passed to Collectica to recover.


Collectica conduct a series of checks and searches based upon the debtors personal details to identify the most up to date official address for them. If you are not the person on the notice it is essential that you contact us immediately so we can update our records we may require proof of residence in order to halt proceedings and this can be discussed with our team.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused should our checks not have provided the very latest address for the person named on the notice – this can take time to filter through official records. However in order to cease action at this address we need proof that the person is no longer at the address.

We have been instructed to collect the debt owed to the client and therefore would continue recovery action and a bailiff may remove your goods for sale if you do not address payment of the arrears.

Contact us. There are instructions on the notice on how to pay. The notice will also include a telephone number and it is important that you speak to our call centre in order to discuss the debt. If you ignore the notice you may incur further charges.

Contact us immediately. A breach warrant requires your immediate attendance in court; in contacting us we can make arrangements for you to attend court and can transport you if you have no means to get there.

Contact us immediately. An arrest warrant requires your attendance in court; in contacting us we can make arrangements for you to attend court and can transport you if you have no means to get there.


Please provide Collectica with a copy of proof of your payment to allow us to investigate this further.

You should contact us immediately to obtain further information on the debt and to let us know why you are in dispute with the debt. We can advise you on the next steps to take to resolve your dispute. We can only cease action on the recovery of the debt when instructed to do so by our client so you may need to contact them. You should do this as soon as possible as failing to get the issue resolved will lead to further charges being incurred.

If it is a HMCTS fine you would still need to pay the fine regardless of whether you still owned the vehicle or not. Call our contact centre for details.

Making payments

To pay by 24 hour automated payment line, please call 0333 320 1100.*

To pay online, please visit here.

To speak to an operator to make payment, or to discuss direct debit options, please call 0333 320 1822.* Our opening hours are 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 4pm Saturday.

To pay by bank transfer or standing order, please use the following details, and quote your reference number to make sure we know what the payment is for. Our sort code: 30-95-74. Our account number: 00627143.

To pay using an allpay card, please visit any Post Office, or other businesses that show the allpay/payzone logo. You can call us to discuss this on 0333 320 1822.*

To pay by post, you can send a postal order, cheque or bank draft, made payable to ‘Marston’. Payment made this way must be for the full amount, and sent to Collectica Ltd, PO Box 12019, Epping, CM16 9EB. Please make sure that you write your name and reference number clearly on the payment, or attach these details, so we know what the payment is for.

* Calls from a landline will be charged at a local rate; mobile charges may vary.

Important: If you are making a payment please make sure you provide your name and reference number so we know what the payment is for. If you don’t do this, we may not have enough information to update our records to show you’ve made payment.

If we can’t tell which account, customer or client a payment is for, we will hold the money (called an ‘unattributed payment’) in suspense for up to 180 days. This means we won’t touch it for that time.  After that time, we may keep this money.  If a customer later shows us proof that they made an unattributed payment, we will apply it correctly or refund the customer.

We require third party authorisation in writing or over the phone from the account holder.

Yes. Anyone can make a payment on behalf of the account holder. However, you will need the Collectica reference number associated with the account.

Arrangements are subject to our client guidelines and your account status. If you would like to discuss the possibility of setting up an arrangement please contact our Contact Centre on 0333 320 1822* to speak to a member of our team.

*Calls from a landline will be charged at a local rate; mobile charges may vary.

You should arrange to pay priority debts before other non-priority debts. A priority debt is one that could leave serious consequences if it remains unpaid and includes companies, like Collectica, who can take the strongest recovery actions against you. Priority debts include: mortgage/rent arrears, council tax or rates, maintenance, child support, parking fines, Revenues & Customs and Magistrates Court Fines.

You should contact the office immediately to discuss your arrears. Dependent on the type of arrears a bailiff/recovery agent may have been allocated to your account, to make attendance to your premises to commence full recovery procedures to clear the arrears. This may involve the removal of goods owned by you or your organisation.

You should contact Collectica as soon as possible to explain the reason for your change in circumstances. We may be able to discuss further payment options. You should not reduce your payment without informing us as your arrangement will break and further recovery action may commence.

You should contact one of our customer service operators and discuss the possibility of a repayment plan. Our staff will attempt to establish an arrangement which suits your circumstances and our client’s requirements.

Depending on the type of the debt you owe, costs may be incurred which you may be liable to pay. The later you leave it to pay, the higher the charges you may have to pay. This is because we have had to carry out more work to collect the amounts you owe. The charges you could incur are set at different rates dependent on the type of debt, the amount of arrears and the client we are
recovering the arrears for. Further details on fees and expenses can be found on the Collectica website.

General advice

All Collectica contact numbers called from a landline will be charged at a local rate; mobile charges may vary.

It is important that you receive correct advice and assistance from properly authorised people, such as the free advice organisations listed below. You should be aware that information or opinions that you may find online, such as in website forums, may appear reliable but may not necessarily be legally correct or it may be inappropriate for your particular circumstances. The free advice organisations listed below will be better positioned to provide you with personal advice from trained staff. Some of these organisations are also usually recommended by regulators.

Citizens Advice: For advice and information on debt and other topics, visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (address in the phone book) or go to:

www.adviceguide.gov.uk (England and Wales);
www.cas.gov.uk (Scotland); or,
www.citizensadvice.co.uk (Northern Ireland).

National Debtline: If you live in England, Wales or Scotland phone 0808 808 4000 or go to www.nationaldebtline.co.uk for debt advice and information.

(Calls to 0800, 0808 are often free from a landline. However most mobile phone providers in the UK still charge their users for calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers).

StepChange (formerly Consumer Credit Counselling Service): For debt advice throughout the UK phone 0800 138 1111 or visit www.cccs.co.uk

(Calls to 0800, 0808 are often free from a landline. However most mobile phone providers in the UK still charge their users for calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers).

Advice UK: Regionalised debt advice – see Website www.adviceuk.org.uk

Money Advice Service: Government funded advice and signposting for debt advice. Call 0300 500 5000 or visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk

(The same cost as a normal call, if your calls are free, it’s included. Calls to 0808 numbers are normally free from landlines but charges may apply from mobiles.)

Trading Standards Service: www.direct.gov.uk or contact your local Trading Standards office.

Community Legal Advice: If you qualify for legal aid phone 0845 345 4345 for free advice or visit www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk

(Calls cost no more than 4p per minute from a landline (calls from mobiles are usually more).  However, if you are worried about the cost of the call, you can also arrange for a free call-me-back service from Community Legal Advice and they will call you back at a day and time which is convenient to you by going to their web site.)


Credit Reference Agencies hold information regarding a person’s financial history commonly referred to as credit history. Credit Reference Agencies provide your financial information to lenders (i.e. banks, building societies etc.) who use it along with their own guidelines to establish whether to grant you credit.

Information about Collectica

Collectica provides services for Local Authorities, Magistrates’ Courts, Housing Associations, Revenues & Customs, Court Committees, Central Government departments and many other public agencies nationwide. We provide a service that enables legally imposed fines to be collected and returned to the public purse.

We are governed by CIVEA (Civil Enforcement Association). If you wish to contact CIVEA please see below for their address:

  • Civil Enforcement Association
  • 513 Bradford Road
  • Batley
  • West Yorkshire
  • WF17 8LL

Collectica could undertake one or more of the following procedures to recover outstanding amounts owed to our client. It is always best to contact Collectica immediately in order to arrange payment as this will reduce additional costs to you as the case continues. We may;

  • Send letters and make telephone calls to you or your organisation.
  • Instruct our Enforcement Officers to attend your home/organisation to carry out recovery procedures which may involve the repossession/removal of the goods owned by you or your organisation.
  • Clamp and remove vehicles you or your organisation own and sell them via public auction to settle the amounts owed.
  • Recommend our client seek a County Court Judgement and/or attempt to gain an attachment to your earnings directly from your salary, employer or benefits.
  • Serve a statutory demand/bankruptcy petition or apply for a third party debt order.
  • For certain arrears a warrant to arrest you to appear at court immediately may be issued.